1. Contact us through Chat. Chat is one of the quickest ways to find more information on research topics. For example, "which databases can I use for finding information about…". You can also ask questions about our services, such as how to get a book via interlibrary loan.
2. Enter a Question into our FAQ. Start typing a search term to see answers to frequently asked questions. For example, type "Clemons" to see frequently asked questions regarding Clemons or "How do I check out a book?" for something more specific.
3. Submit a question below.These questions are directed to a knowledgeable reference librarian and a typical response time is within a business day. Use this form when Chat is offline or you don't need an immediate response.
4. Phone Call. 434-924-3021
Sometimes, you just want to talk to a person, and this number connects you to Alderman's main desk.
5. Text us. 434.260.1882
6. Specialized questions. (science, music, etc.) When you know that your question requires deep subject expertise, find a subject specialist to contact directly.
7. Schedule an in person Research Tutorial or Consultation.