Use the tabs on the left side of this page to learn more about library spaces and doing research using library resources.
There is a lot of great information and useful resources in this guide, but here are the five most important resources to get started using the UVA Library:
1. Ask A Librarian. We know the UVA Library can be confusing, and we are here to help! You can chat with a librarian during operating hours and see other ways to get in touch with a librarian on the Ask A Librarian page.
2. Status dashboard. Visit the status dashboard to see what library spaces are open and how to access different Library resources.
3. How Do I...?. Access our many learning resources on the Learning Hub page to help you with your research, from choosing a topic to finding sources to citations.
4. Virgo. Virgo is the UVA Library catalog and searches books, films, articles, and more. Learn more about Virgo from this helpful guide. Not finding what you need in Virgo? Check out our other databases on the Search, borrow, request page or go directly to Databases A-Z.
5. What is Authority? module. Your professors want you to use authoritative, credible sources in your research. Learn more about identifying those sources in this module.