It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sociology Resources available at the University of Virginia Libraries
"The Double Hoo Research Grant supports pairs of undergraduate and graduate scholars seeking to pursue joint research projects. The award is intended to encourage collaborative interaction between the undergraduate and graduate communities at the University. Proposals from all schools at the University will be considered."
"The University of Virginia's Harrison Undergraduate Research Awards program funds outstanding undergraduate research projects to be carried out in the summer following application for the award and the subsequent academic year." Limited to undergraduate students.
"The Jefferson Public Citizens program (JPC) inspires students to act as engaged citizens through active community partnerships, research service projects, and scholarly reflection. JPC is an academic research-‐service program for all U.Va. undergraduates who want to put their learning into action."
To join the site:
1. Log into UVaCollab at https://collab.its.virginia.edu/portal.
2. On the My Workspace tab, click on Membership in the left menu.
3. Near the top of this page click the Joinable Sites link.
4. Use the Search field to enter the name of the site you want to join(e.g. Sociology Funding). Be sure to click the Search button (the Search function will not work in Internet Explorer if you press the Enter key - you must click the Search button).
5. Click the Join link that appears under the title of the site.