Whether you are new to UVA or simply new to using the UVA Library, whether you are a student, faculty, or staff member, here are some tips, tricks and resources to be aware of to make your experience easier and more efficient.
- Download and install ChemDraw using your virginia.edu email address to register (Note: this is a Chemistry Department license).
- Manage your citation library and PDFs using bibliographic management software like EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley, or others. (Consult with your research group or contact a librarian for advice.)
- Register for an ORCID
Optional, but Highly Useful
- Research Data Services
- Guidance on data tools and technologies like R, Python, Stata, SPSS, SAS, and more. Contact: email@example.com
- Support for data management and data sharing plans, guidance on selecting a data repository, and consulting on the preparation, documentation, organization and formatting of data for sharing and archiving. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessing and installing University site-licensed software, including SPSS, SAS, Ansys, Labview, Matlab and others. Contact: email@example.com