Full-text newspapers +
* Transfer of Power. 12 v. edited by Nicholas Mansergh, et al. Alderman DS480.83 .T7
* Historical dictionary of India by Surjit Mansingh. Asian Room DS405 .M27 2006
* Who was who in British India (1998, Riddick) Asian Room CT1503 .R53 1998
* Dictionary of national biography by Sen, Siba Pada. (1972) Asian Room CT 1502 .S46
* Dictionary of Indian biography by Buckland, Charles Edward, 1847-1941. (1906) Stacks DS434 .B8 1906 and Online
* Guide to Indian Periodical Literature. Reference Z6958.I4 G8
* A Historical atlas of South Asia edited by Joseph E. Schwartzberg. Asian Room G2261 .S1 H5 1978 and Online
* A list and index of parliamentary papers relating to India, 1908-1947 (1981) By John Sims Z3208 .A5 S55
* British Parliamentary papers relating to India, 1662-1947 3 volumes by Adrian Sever (1992) Z 3208 .A4 B75 1992.
Videos: Garm hava, Hot winds || Train to Pakistan || Earth || Monsoon Wedding || Slumdog Millionaire || Lagaan (cricket) || Pather Panchali
|Internet Sources: Useful Websites
* Digital South Asia Library = http://dsal.uchicago.edu/
* South and Southeast Asian Stuides
* Daily Connection for quick links to some newspapers, journals, and more. (Coming in the future - links to some South Asian journals and newspapers, or search some South Asian serials.)
Microfiche (3rd Floor Alderman)
* Gazetteers of India in the British period. 1880s-1940s. Micfich 1.
* Census of India. 1870s-1950s. Micfich 12 (1872) through 20 (1951).
* British Parliamentary Papers. House of Commons sessional papers [microform] Micfish S-424 and Micprint S-1
Journals: IESHR HC431 .I338, Biblio Z1035 .A1 B43 (early TOCs), Seminar DS401 .S365 (see August 1994 issue), Social Scientist HN681 .S597